Thursday, September 15, 2005

Golem

Mark it. 11:34 last night. Out of tape and rattan and steel, I have forged my greatest accomplishment. For years I had planned its creation, for weeks I have labored at the construction. I have fought and broken and bled and bent for its birth and now, here, I have it. The greatest and most awesome of all my earthly works.

This... glorious creature that it is... was purchased by me a year ago, that I might have the falcata itself (the kopis, in my native Greek) to possess and to covet, but also to inspire. And now, I have my life's ambition.

I have a working, SCA fighting model of it.

The thing is beautiful. It is gorgeous. It is terrifying. It will be that which kills and that which is feared by everything in its path. I will weild it as a red-hot scythe through a field of wheat, I will swing it as the singular will of Ares. It is the avatar of my war-soul, it is the apex of my bloodlust. I will honor it, and I will use it, and we will, together, bring down the armies that dare stand against us.

We are Makareus.

We are mighty.

If I can fanagle it, I wil post pictures of the thing, as a new father does for his suckling babe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home