Sunday, November 06, 2005

Trabadour

When I'm not working (and by that, I mean, when I don't have a job) I can't help but feel listless, unaccomplished. I can't justify my existence solely with school, I need to have a job as well, or I'm just not satisfied. I just don't feel like things are how I want them to be. Largely, that's because, without a job, I mostly sit around in my pink sweatpants and try to think of things to do instead of actually doing any given thing.

I'm trying to keep busy, just to keep myself on this side of the cliffs of madness. For instance: Today, I learned a little programming in trying to get some links up on this page, which eventually proved successful. Also, I played a ton of GTA: San Andreas, because now, with the red-hot surface of the internet being pumped directly into my brain, I can look up and immediately implement codes. I've been battling the whole of the city of San Fierro for a few hours and...

Awesome.

There was practice today, so says the glowing box, but from the listserve I can only surmise that two fighters were going, and it just wasn't enough to drag me the hell out of bed. Apparently, only Brutus (a little bulldog of a man) and Rory (a LARGE bulldog of a man) were going to fight today, and I need more than David and Goliath to get me out there. I'm not trying to learn how to fight a funhouse Hall of Mirrors, people. I'm trying to learn to kill before I can be killed.

I've applied for a job at New Horizons Computer Learning Center, where I'd be teaching computer applications like Photoshop and Illustrator, which would be pretty freakin' awesome. I'm not so certain that I'm exactly what they're looking for, but there's just so much bullshit between people trying to get as much as they can for as little as they can and ending up getting applicants who want the exact same thing, only going the other way. There's no honesty, it's just people trying to set up the ground rules and hopefully put themselves in a good position for what will, eventually, become a compromise. Carumba.

...

On Sticking Thumbtacks into the Wall of my Art Class Over and Over Again:

You need to get a really sharp point on the thumbtack you select, for any bluntness or, heaven forfend, broken tips will result in obstruction of the penetration into the corkboard-like wall surface, especially in a repeated poking, and will defeat the purpose of this near-pointless enterprise.

If, like me, you must do stupid, meaningless things, at least do them well.

THIS IS WHERE I WOULD PUT A SMALL-TEXTED STINGER, BUT FOR SOME REASON MY MAC DOES NOT SUPPORT TEXT EDITING DAMN IT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ol' Peg Leg said...

OHHH BABY!!! You are suffering from Brain Rot.

lets get you a hobby. Teach me to play the guitar.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home